Monday, September 05, 2005

Welcome Back to School!

Dear Parents,

My name is Anne Prine and I will be your child’s second grade teacher this year! Because I will be spending several hours each day with your son/daughter, I would like to tell you some things about myself, both on a personal and professional level.

I’ve been teaching for 15 years, the past 11 right here in District #91. I have a BA in Elementary Education from Concordia University in River Forest, IL, and a M.Ed. from Olivet Nazarene University. I have teaching experience in grades Pre K, K, and second through fourth grades. I come from a family of teachers (grandmother and aunts) and I live in the Western Suburbs.

I thank you for entrusting me with your child. Please know that I am always interested in knowing your thoughts and concerns; it is my hope that we can work to forge a partnership between home and school. If and when you should have a question or need to share information with me, please send a note in your child's Betsy Ross Folder or telephone the school at 708-366-7498. I will respond as promptly as possible. I look forward to meeting you at our open house night, September 14. Good parental communication is an essential component to my being an effective teacher and so you will be receiving various written notices or newsletters throughout the school year regarding our second grade program here at Betsy Ross.

I will strive to make the 2nd grade classroom a place that children cannot wait to arrive at each day - a learning environment that is nurturing, enjoyable, and safe. I anticipate that our classroom discipline plan will have a positive impact upon your child's social and emotional growth.

Thank you in advance for your support and involvement in your child's 2nd grade experience.

Yours truly,

Ms. Prine